|Lapworths Removals is a family
firm who began trading with a horse drawn transport back in 1919 out of
49 Leamington Street, Leicester.
The horses name was Billy and the company name was and still remains E. E. Lapworth & Sons, now running their operation from premises close to the corner of Narborough and Upperton Road where they have been since 1938.
|The first work undertaken on contract by the firm was on behalf of the Frears Bakery, by 1934 the company took delivery of their first custom built removal van, it was a thirsty petrol driven model but one of the most advanced for the period.|
|Extra warehousing facilities were acquired at Friar Lane Chapel, then a factory floor on Melton Road was utilised followed by the Methodist Chapel on Aylestone which is now part of the Leicester Royal Infirmary car park.|
|Despite the length of time the firm has been in existence, Jim Lapworth has managed to ensure it retains its close family identity. Brother John is a partner and nephew Robert drives. The Upperton Road depot is the center of operations and handles both commercial and domestic contracts at home and all over the world.|
The end result is highly competitive quotes regardless of the work.
For a Online competitive quote please click here